Monday, May 24, 2010

MAGURO YA

I am from Japan so sometimes I really want to eat Japanese food but it is difficult to find a real Japanese restaurant in Hawaii. Of course, we can find very good Japanese restaurants in the Honolulu area and the food’s taste is also very good however the Japanese restaurants in Honolulu are super expensive. When we compare the Japanese restaurant in Japan with Honolulu, the costs may be almost double in Honolulu. Even if we can find a cheap Japanese restaurant, the food’s tastes are totally different from real Japanese food. Therefore I could not eat really good Japanese food so far. However finally I could eat traditional real Japanese food at a restaurant this weekend. The restaurant’s name is MAGURO YA. The MAGURO YA located in the Kaimuki area is known to many locals. The restaurant specializes in tuna, but they also serve traditional Japanese food such as tempura, soba, and udon. The restaurant’s atmosphere is just like in Japan. The cost is by no means cheap but not expensive. If you do not want to spend money but you want to eat very good Japanese food at the restaurant, it is possible because you can eat several good Don, that is a bowl of rice topped with chicken, beef, pork or fish for about eight dollars. I was irresolute what I would order but after all I wanted to eat many Japanese foods so I ordered the MAGURO YA special. The MAGURO YA special was eighteen dollars so it was a little bit expensive but the menu included sushi, sashimi, tempura, soba and salad. I was surprised when I saw the menu because all the plates had tuna, and there was a lot. I think the price was very reasonable. If you need to eat real Japanese food in Hawaii, You should to go The MAGURO YA.

No comments: