Tuesday, October 2, 2007

HAPPY PANCAKE :)

Today, our class had the first field trip. Nick took us The Original Pancake House by a car. It is located on Kapiolani Blvd near Victoria Word Centers. It is not so far from Waikiki. The pancake house opens from 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. everyday. This pancake house is very popular among loco, and it has been for over 35 years. When we arrived there, it was very crowded, and there were various generational people from children to elderly people. We had to wait a few minutes. The ambience of the pancake house was great. I imagined an old warm country house in America. There was a lot of stained glass. I noticed one of them that was made like pancake. It was really cute!! Also, the people who worked in this pancake house were friendly. I could not decide easily what I ate because there were a variety of pancakes. There were not only pancakes but also crapes, waffles, and so on, and all of them were looked very delicious for me. I ordered butter milk pancake. More than 5 pancakes were on a plate. It was fluffy, sweet, and really really delicious. I love to eat pancakes with maple syrup. It was also delicious and not too heavy. I spread syrup sufficiently. It was very happy for me. My friends ordered Banana pancakes and Hawaiian pancakes that ware pancakes with pineapples. My friend and I shared a little and I could try to eat other kind of pancakes. They were also so delicious. According to explanation on the menu, this pancake house is based on authentic recipes, preparation of all mixes by hand, and using only fresh ingredients. A waitress told us that the most popular dish in this pancake house is Macadamia Nut Pancake. The prices are reasonable. They are about from 5.00 to 7.00 dollars, and every dish has a hearty dish. I ate a lot, and I was very satisfied!!!

No comments: